1. Home
  2.  » Enforcement of Parenting Orders

If a parent is not complying with a court order that allocates parental rights and responsibilities and/or parenting time, the other parent may return to court by filing a Motion to Show Cause to enforce the terms of the parenting order.

The Motion to Show Cause must state the provisions of the order that is not being complied with and include an affidavit of the filing parent that explains, in detail, the facts which are the basis of the motion.

A Motion to Show Cause is not the proper motion to file if a parent wants to modify the court order.

The following forms are required by the court in order to file for an enforcement of parenting orders:


Scioto County Domestic Relations Court, Scioto County Courthouse,

602 7th Street, Rooms 301 and 303, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662


Judge's Office: (740) 355-8316

Magistrate's Office: (740) 353-1646

Fax: (740) 355-8205